Terms and Conditions of Use
Phoenix Lodge No. 94 provides you access to this website containing information, software, and publications on the terms and conditions outlined below. By using this site, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. Phoenix Lodge No. 94 reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion. The information on this website is protected by law, including copyright law.
Our primary house rule is simple: be respectful.
We want you to feel at home when you post a comment on our website. We want everyone to feel at home posting comments here. We don’t know what your home is like, but we know how we expect people to behave when they visit ours. That’s why we reserve the right to delete comments and ban users as needed to keep the comment threads here civil and substantive.
Here’s what we like to see in comments:
- Weigh in with smart, informed ideas that contribute further to the story.
- Give us useful, constructive criticism. Spot a typo or an error? Let us know and we will correct it.
- Demonstrate and share the intelligence, wisdom, and humour we know you possess.
- Don’t feed the trolls. Downvote and flag comments instead.
Although we can’t be everywhere at once, here are some of the kinds of comments we’re going to do our best to curtail:
- Promoting your own brand, product, or blog.
- Impersonating authors or other commenters. We can’t believe we have to say this, but: Don’t do that. It’s weird.
- Comments that make it clear you didn’t read the article. Enraged that we didn’t mention X in a story about Y? Slow down, Speedy McFingerson. If you’d made it past paragraph two, you’d see a very well thought-out discussion of that X you hold so dear.
- Comments that are completely out of left field. Sometimes discussions veer off a bit, but are still related to the original subject. That is fine. Hijacking the conversation to promote off-topic commentary is not.
- Threats — no matter how vague — against the author or other commenters.
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, or other forms of discrimination.
- Trolling. We don't feed trolls. We starve them.
Except as expressly prohibited on this website, you are permitted to view, copy, print, and distribute documents within this website (such as FAQs, white papers, datasheets, and so on), subject to your agreement that:
- Your use of the information is for informational, personal, and non-commercial purposes only.
- You will not modify the documents or graphics.
- You will not copy or distribute graphics separate from their accompanying text and you will not quote materials out of their context.
- You will display the copyright notice and the trademark acknowledgement on all documents or portions of documents and retain any other copyright and other proprietary notices on every copy you make.
- You agree that Phoenix Lodge No. 94 may revoke this permission at any time and you shall immediately stop your activities related to this permission upon notice from Phoenix Lodge No. 94.
The permission above does not include permission to copy the design elements, look and feel, or layout of this website. Those elements of the website are protected by law, such as trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws, and may not be copied or imitated in any manner.
Acknowledgement of Trademarks
Phoenix Lodge No. 94 acknowledges the trademarks and registered trademarks of companies mentioned within this website.
© 2018 Phoenix Lodge No. 94. All rights reserved.